BlueCross BlueShield Medicare Supplement Plan G
Medigap Plan G gives you the benefit of an all-encompassing coverage at a lower premium. This plan covers both local and foreign treatments.
What is Plan G?
Now that you are getting older, you must be searching for a reliable health insurance program. You are looking for a plan that can cover all your potential needs without destroying your savings. In the bid of the government to help make this a reality, they set up Medicare.
There are two parts of Original Medicare; Part A and B. The parts cover most of your medical needs but not all. Medicare has a few oversights that it did not cover. To fill these oversights, Medicare Supplement was started.
Private companies are permitted to use one of the various eleven designed to bridge the gap. Different programs cover the plan to varying levels. Some like Plan M, L, and K give just light coverage, while others like Plan F provide complete coverage. Plan G falls within the latter category. BCBS offers A, C, D, F, High-Deductible F, G, High-Deductible G, and N only.
Plan G gives you coverage for Part A deductibles and Part B excess charges, co-payments, and more. Within Plan N, your payment is streamlined. You only have to pay the Part B deductible.
Who is BlueCross BlueShield?
This company is a union of two companies that started because they wanted to give hospital patients and workers more affordable healthcare plans. After realizing their common goals, they unified in the forties. BCBS is unique because they focus on service to humanity.
BlueCross BlueShield was the only insurer with the computing power and processing capability to fully swing into action at the initiation of Medicare. Now they have an enrollment of over 100 million members and are still going strong.
What Plan G covers
Plan G’s coverage includes the following:
Medicare Part A deductible and co-payment, Medicare Part B excess charges, hospice care, hospital admission, nursing care. You also get three pints of blood annually and foreign travel emergencies (up to 80% of plan limits).
This service does not cover your Part B deductibles. This is the difference between Plan F and G.
Why BlueCross BlueShield?
BCBS offers various incentives for you to sign up using their company. Some of their incentives include:
- Access to their Well-Being program
- Access to WelvieSM Surgery Decision-Support Program: This helps you choose, prepare for, and recover from surgeries.
- Access to Silver&Fit® gym membership or two free at-home fitness kits
- Access to the 24-Hour Nurse Line. You can talk to a nurse about your health worries.
- Access to Blue Cross® Virtual Well-Being: This gives you online health guidance on your phone or computer.
- Blue365® discounts: This gives you discounts on various lifestyle purchases you might make on things like hearing aids and eyewear, exams, health magazines, cooking classes, weight-loss programs and retail.
- You also get discounts on non-Tobacco use, Automatic Monthly Bank Draft and Household registration discount.
- Reliable customer service line.
How to Enroll
At retirement or upon reaching the age of 65, you are allowed to register for Medicare Supplement. This will come after you have signed up for Medicare. You have an open enrollment window to sign up. This window is the six months of your sixty-fifth birthday. Within this window, you can sign up even if you have some pre-existing medical conditions. If you don’t register within the period, you will need to have a medical underwriting to be eligible.
To get more out of your Medigap plan or to know more on the plans available in your region, reach out to us at (800) 208-4974.. We’d love to help you out!
Medicare Supplement Plans
out of 5
based on 83 reviews